Re: Netscape MAE colocation?

  • From: BrandonButterworth
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 03:21:59 1997

> hopefully they and other high-volume providers would set up mirrors
> *outside* the US so that folks wouldn't spend their bandwidth pulling their
> (uncacheable) pages in.

Or mirrors *inside* if you are already outside :)

> ... do HTTP traffic analysis and the business
> case show that selecting different locations for web servers is
> "worth it"?

Yes, b/w from the UK is expensive enough that we're working on
a proposal to site a BBC server in the USA (and our volume isn't very
high yet).

Brandon

--
Brandon Butterworth         phone: 01737 836592
BBC Research & Development  fax:   01737 832336