Re: Questions about Internet Packet Losses

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Mon Jan 13 22:31:22 1997

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Vadim Antonov wrote:

> In other words -- if anybody pretends to know what's going on he's a
> charlatan.

Unless they can present a fractal mathematical model that explains the
real-world data. If we encourage more people with experience in fractal
mathematics to study the data, we are more likely to see such models
being developped.

> >If 30% loss impacts are noticeable, what should be done to eliminate the
> >losses or reduce their impacts on Web performance and reliability?
>
> a) put more fibers into the ground
> b) build better routers (want to invest?)
He means read the white papers at http://www.pluris.com  :-)

> c) connect those routers to that fiber.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]