Re: Internic registries

  • From: William Sommers
  • Date: Sat Jan 11 21:50:50 1997

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:23:37 -0500 (EST)  Mark Kosters wrote:

 > I see this and have noticed in the change logs that the whois dumper
 > program was recently updated. I've backed out the change and the old
 > info will return by 6:00AM or so tomorrow.
 >
 > (Ingres database looks ok but obviously whois is not).
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Mark

Were I InterNIC management, I'd be wondering why it took an employee
perusing an off-topic thread in this list to have the problem brought to
somebody's attention.  I reported it to [email protected] yesterday
morning, at which time it had already been going on for at least a day.

Then again, since I've long been convinced my mail to InterNIC is just plain
blackholed anyway (based on a response rate of exactly 0% to date), I don't
know why I thought that one would have been treated any differently.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)  :-)

 William Sommers
 San Francisco Online
 Televolve, Inc.