Re: Update on mail bombing threats--not so funny

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Thu Jan 09 18:14:15 1997

Allan Chong <[email protected]> wrote:

>One possible solution is just to have recourse after the fact.
>If you as an ISP have their credit card/phone billing, and have
>a policy that explicitly states that either....

>Even despite the inevitable chargebacks, many spammers would decide that
>fighting with the credit card company isn't worth it.

How are you proposing collecting any debts from a spammer in
Brazilia?

BTW, to be able collect such charges you _must_ be able to prove
that the spammer have seen the price list.  That is kind of hard
to do when you don't have spammer's return address.  Implied contracts
have been commonly found non-binding by the courts (a typical example
would be to open a cafe, wait when people walk in and then tell them
"our admission fee is $100 -- please pay up, or we call police").

--vadim