Re: Status Report - Mail Bombing of World.std.com by Sprint Client + FAQ

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Mon Jan 06 08:58:03 1997

> I have been told that Sean, endeavoring to carry out a known Sprint
> policy, angered an outside and powerful person last September.  I have no
> proof of this 'rumor'.  But if anyone does have any verifiable information
> as to exactly what DID happen I'd certainly like to know.  Because, if
> Sprint did capitulate to an outside power in the way described to me, such
> action deserves to be made very public.  I have discussed the specifics of
> the allegation with the key people directly involved.  They all denied the
> allegation.  But they also offered no alternative story.  From what they
> told me all parties appear to have signed an agreement not to talk about
> what actually happened.  I want to make very clear however that nothing I
> have heard indicates to me any shred of unprofessional behavior on Sean's
> part.  I have the highest respect for him and, were I the responsible
> decision maker for a major provider, I'd be moving to get him working for
> me ASAP.

In the rant explaning his departure that I got from Sean (the word bonehead
was frequently used), he didn't mention anything about pissing someone off
from outside, but I suppose it could have happened.

He certainly pissed off many from outside for a long time - the question
is, why would it matter all of a sudden :)

Avi