Re: Sprint Mailbombing Update 3PM EST

  • From: JDF
  • Date: Sun Jan 05 12:14:22 1997

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Randy Bush wrote:

> Well, it's not really an Ops problem.  Ops folk worry about packets and
> stuff like that, not social and legal issues such as this.  Within
> organizations such as Sprint, they're usually not empowered to take the
> kinds of actions you want.

	I hate to continue this argument (perhaps we should all move it
over to [email protected], which is a good place for real admin types
to discuss these types of issues), but I have to disagree -- just as with
a standard pingflood, the intent is irrelevant, the flood must be stopped.
A very good case could be made that isp-inter.net is slowly packetflooding
world.std.com on port 25.

--
J.D. Falk, System Administrator                        <[email protected]>
CAIS Internet                                           <[email protected]>