It Continues...Sprint Is played the fool...

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Sat Jan 04 01:49:29 1997

Sorry if some of you are losing patience with this, I'm truly sorry,
but this is amazingly evil.

I get email from someone in Sprint Security, a new person, I'll be
decent enough to leave his name out, around 10:30PM EST.

The gist of it is that they've spoken with this guy who has been
sending these thousands of msgs, and he's a reasonable fellow, and I'm
inflating all this and perhaps even partly to blame, some wild and
ridiculous story about how my refusing his mail with a 550 error is
making his software do this, ridiculous if you know how mail actually
works, that's like getting a User Unknown error, you just throw it on
the floor, he runs sendmail 8.7 under Unix, telnet to his SMTP port at
iq-internet.com.

    AT ABOUT 1AM EST THE MAIL LOOPING STARTS AGAIN, AFTER A FEW HOURS
    HIATUS. HE STARTED IT UP AGAIN!

Unbelievable, I'm sorry, but this sort of behavior is going to destroy
these networks, and I mean behavior on the part of people like
Sprint. Bad people will happen, I know that, we all know that, but the
people at Sprint have absolutely no excuse for their behavior other
than sheer gullibility or abrogation of any shred responsibility.

Is there anyone here, who Sprint will believe, who can tell them that
they are dealing with a known evil person who is feeding them complete
bull? Obviously they don't believe me and will give this execrable
person more than every benefit of the doubt as he disrupts the network
for his own vicious purposes, this is going into the third full day of
this.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | [email protected]          | http://www.std.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989