Re: URGENT: Operational Integrity Problem with IQ-INTERNET.COM

  • From: Geoff White
  • Date: Fri Jan 03 22:43:45 1997

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Barry Shein wrote:

> Let's stop being so damned morally confused. One message in my mailbox
> is spam, thousands of messages being refused for 48+ hours, non-stop,
> is an operational/technical incident, no one is seeing or cares about
> the content, it's just an out of control software process which needs
> to be treated as such, and stopped.

Are you saying that Sprint's router's or Sprint's customer's CPU has the
operational problem?  If it is the former then obviously Sprint should
do something about it.  But it seems to me that the problem is that this site
is Spamming and that mostlikely falls under SAPrint's policies about
Spamming. I don't see how it is a technical or operational problem involving
all of Sprint's Network services.  Perhapse you should contact the operators
of the supposed run amok sendmail and lean directly on them to stop sending
you packets.  You can allways put a filter in your router to block
traffic from that host.  Or maybe you should ask Sprint to apply the filter
on their side of you DSx pipe.