Re: Non-profit IP Registry

  • From: Daryn D. Fisher
  • Date: Fri Jan 03 01:35:23 1997

That is why:

" The Advisory Council is to act on behalf of the membership on all issues including, but not limited to:

¤ Registry goals
¤ Future funding
¤ Allocation policy guidelines
¤ Training
¤ Nominations for Advisory Council
¤ Database maintenance
¤ Registry procedures "

and:

"ARIN members will nominate candidates for the the Advisory Council."

This allows:

"The point has also been made that the management of the IP space should be put in the hands of those that depend on it - the users. Whether those users are ISPs, corporate entities, universities, etc., they should all play a role."

BTW, let's move this to the NAIPR list.