IP number allocations -- Authority

  • From: Bob Collie
  • Date: Thu Jan 02 22:51:22 1997

One quick item:

I know that the InterNIC has authority under IANA to issue domain names,
and that their previous funding for the registry was provided by the NSF.
So, in that same right, the IANA has delegated the authority of delegating
IP address space to the InterNIC (for the specific region that it serves).

I, and I'm sure that others would too..., would like to hear from an
AUTHORIZED and NAMED representative of IANA that this organization (the
ARIN) is authorized to be created, and to charge such fees.

I do realize that everything costs money.  A mere confirmation that this is
the way to go from those that are supposed to be in-charge would be greatly
appreciated.

-Bob

--
Bob Collie, Chief Technical Officer, Telalink Corporation
mailto:[email protected]