Re: Policies affecting the Internet as a whole - Hitting where it hurts

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Fri Dec 27 11:43:22 1996

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996 11:29:50 -0500 (EST)
 David Schwartz <[email protected]> alleged:

> 	I think a list of sites that refuse to deal with troublemakers
> (with details) would be extremely useful. If people want to use it to
> blackhole traffic, that would be their decision.

Personally, I agree.

> 	Even more importantly, you could check it before choosing an ISP
> or provider to be sure that your provider is running a clean ship. That
> way you don't get inconvenienced by other provider's defensive acts
> against your provider.
>
> 	As an added bonus, you have some more assurance that your provider
> will come to your aid if you are mail bombed, ping flooded, or hacked in
> some other way. Providers that deal effectively with their own customers
> when they create trouble are much more likely to assist their own
> customers when they are attacked.

Indeed, Just get it right so that the press and anyone else doesn't
get the wrong idea thats all I'm saying really!

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)