Re: NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Jon Zeeff
  • Date: Sat Dec 21 09:39:40 1996

Perhaps this has been said before, but it sounds like the world needs
a "spoofed packet discovery protocol".  Something that would allow
authorized users to query a router and ask it questions about where,
etc packets destined for a given ip address are coming from.  With
this in place, one could trace back spoofers as quickly as we can
currently trace normal routing (traceroute).