Re: NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: David Schwartz
  • Date: Tue Dec 17 14:38:21 1996

	I'm quite curious how they handle full-duplex FDDI where
witholding the token doesn't seem to be an option. Do they simply drop
packets when traffic gets bursty?

	Ironically, I'd prefer they drop the packet bound for a busy port
rather than stop all incoming traffic from a port until the busy port
frees.

	If anyone has experience with NetStar's GigaRouters, especially
in comparison to the GigaSwitches, I'd love to hear about it. You can
reach me at [email protected]

	DS