Re: NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Tim Salo
  • Date: Mon Dec 16 16:58:54 1996

> Subject: Re: NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...
> To: [email protected] (dave o'leary)
> Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 16:00:09 -0500 (EST)
> Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
>         [email protected]
> From: [email protected] (Dima Volodin)
>
> More of that - at least one site uses one of our hosts as a target of
> pings for measuring "Internet health".
> We consider this to be an abuse of our resources

How many ping per second do you see?

How many pings per second can your host handle?  Your network?

> and, most probably, we will disable any external
> traffic we find inappropriate for this or other hosts.

So, do I understand you correctly as saying that you have no interest
in helping your customers understand the state of your service?

-tjs

"Those darn customers, things would work just fine, if they didn't keep
using the network..."