Re: Nanog list uncharacteristically quiet?

  • From: Mike Leber
  • Date: Sat Dec 14 19:26:27 1996

On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Jeffrey Payne wrote:
> >On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Mike Leber wrote:
> >|} Has anybody collected stream duration data?  What does the distribution
> >|} look like?  98% of streams last how long?  (I bet less than 5 minutes)
> >|} I think something like this was brought up at the Ann Arbor NANOG.
> Some folks from Ipsilon did an interesting paper on IP flow (stream?)

My mistake, I meant flow.

> durations for ISMA in Feb...its at:
> http://www.ipsilon.com/staff/pn/papers/isma96.html

Interesting.  It appears that interface based switching by IP flow problem
is a simplification of the ATM connection switching by IP flow problem.

Mike.

| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 408 282 1540 |
| Hurricane Electric      Web Hosting & Co-location        Fax 408 971 3340 |
| [email protected]                                           http://www.he.net |