Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sun Dec 08 11:28:30 1996

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Joe Rhett wrote:

> > It is actually quite hard in practice to push a FDDI switch
> > into trouble, although theoretically it should be simple, modulo
> > the interesting effects that token-withholding can produce.
>
> Hm. Not sure what you mean. FDDI can certainly be over-utilized, that's
> not hard. On the other hard, FDDI doesn't fall down and die like
> Ethernet does when congested.
>
> > In practice, the limiting factor will tend to be the per-port
> > bandwidth rather than the aggregate bandwidth.  One would have

At the Atlanta-NAP we offer full duplex FDDI, why not try to get MFS to do
it? Cisco now has a full duplex FDDI card, so you can do 200 Mbs into the
NAP.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34