Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Alex.Bligh
  • Date: Thu Dec 05 05:10:30 1996

> I think that what Alex really should say 'No'.  What he saying is
> that for Xara UK-sourced traffic is split like this:
> 	50%	is sent to UK peers at the LINX in London
> 	40%	goes to the USA
> 	10%	goes to dGIX in Stockholm

Doh! Yes. Must get reading lessons. Missed the word "remaining".

Currently I have no foolproof way to differentiate traffic that
goes over the LINX destined for in UK and outside UK. There's
some work going on to build a list of UK ASes to this end (amongst
others) but it hasn't been done yet.

Jim is quite right (except it works bidirectionally).

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks