Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Jim Dixon
  • Date: Thu Dec 05 04:55:05 1996

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Alex.Bligh wrote:

> > If you'ld allow me to restate it.  Do you mean that of all
> > the traffic sourced to you from customers within the UK,
> > 50% of that traffic is destined for other UK sites either
> > to your own customers or exiting out an in country exchange
> > point?
> >
> > The remaining 50% of your traffic sourced within the UK
> > is destined for outside of the country, and of this 50%,
> > 50% of that is destined for Linx, 40% to the US, and
> > 10% to Stockholm.
> >
> > Is this correct?
>
> Yes.

I think that what Alex really should say 'No'.  What he saying is
that for Xara UK-sourced traffic is split like this:
	50%	is sent to UK peers at the LINX in London
	40%	goes to the USA
	10%	goes to dGIX in Stockholm

Agreed, Alex?

>      In fact it means more than that as it works in both
> directions. Traffic on our network because it is travelling
> between customers of ours in the UK and hosts they are
> communicating over the world, 50% is handed of at LINX,
> 40% in the US and 10% at Stockholm. I haven't measured

Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015