Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Tony Bates
  • Date: Sun Dec 01 21:28:06 1996

 Tony Li <[email protected]> writes:
  *
  *    Hey, this looks pretty good. Let's hope the trend continues (if, in fact
  * ,
  *    there *is* a trend).
  *
  *    >Date	Prefixes
  *    >231196	40687
  *    >241196	40908
  *    >251196	40844
  *    >261196	41043
  *    >271196	41074
  *    >281196	39803
  *    >291196	39735
  *
  * I suspect that this is more due to the holiday than any real change.  ;-(

Could be but the most interesting thing is it does look like some
fairly large sets of prefixes went away [from my vantage point ;-)]
around the 28th.  I just added to my delta checker both classful and
classles delta checks to help show the change. Here's what the
trend looked like today.

Date    Prefixes
241196  40908
251196  40844
261196  41043
271196  41074
281196  39803
291196  39735
301196  39676
011296  39610

Here are the Deltas (Note AS174 and AS4200, if your are interested in knowing
what went away to cause these deltas mail me directly)

This a snapshot of changes in classful routes being withdrawn and added.

Top 20 Withdrawn Classful Routes from 24Nov96 to 01Dec96
        -319  AS174 Performance Systems International
        -133 AS3804 Bell Blobal Solutions
         -98 AS4200 AGIS (Apex Global Information Ser
         -75  AS681 KAWAIHIKO-1
         -62 AS4454 OIR Telecommunications, State of
         -59 AS2048 State of Louisiana/Office of Tele
         -51 AS3749 Tennessee Board of Regents
         -48  AS568 JIS (Joint Interconnection Servic
         -47  AS560 BBN Planet, New England Region (N
         -45 AS4983 Intel Corporation Autonomous Syst
         -34 AS2044 AUSNet, Inc. USA
         -27  AS721 DLA-ASNBLOCK-AS
         -23 AS3343 RUNNet
         -21   AS71 Hewlett-Packard
         -19 AS3904 ASTHOUGHTPRT
         -17 AS6474 FLASHNET-AS
         -14 AS2386 INS-AS
         -13 AS4239 Coast to Coast Telecommunications
         -12 AS3249 Estpak Data Ltd.
         -11 AS4175 CONNECT-NCM

Top 20 Added Classful Routes from 24Nov96 to 01Dec96
          87  AS297 NASA Internet
          24 AS4565 HLC Internet
          19 AS6347 DIAMOND
          17 AS3320 Deutsche Telekom AG
          14 AS1717 RENATER
          13  AS813 UUNET Canada (ASN-UUNETCA-AS1)
          11 AS4270 RIU
           8 AS6463 Rogers Network Services
           6 AS3563 Pilot Network Services, Inc.
           5 AS5769 Le Groupe Videotron Ltee
           4 AS5553 TSTU
           3 AS3951 ICONNET
           2 AS3354 THENET-AS-1
           1  AS816 UUNETCA-AS4

This a snapshot of changes in classles routes being withdrawn and added.

Top 20 Withdrawn Classles Routes from 24Nov96 to 01Dec96
        -228 AS4200 AGIS (Apex Global Information Ser
         -43 AS5672 PBI (Pacific Bell Internet)
         -24 AS4648 APNIC-AS-BLOCK
         -23 AS1239 SprintLink Backbone
         -18    AS1 BBN Planet backbone
         -10 AS6912 Hayes Computer Systems, Inc.
          -6 AS4983 Intel Corporation Autonomous Syst
          -5 AS3561 MCI
          -4 AS4492 RTD
          -3 AS6971 WCO
          -2 AS5696 Primary AS for GoodNet
          -1 AS3742 SEMAPHORE-1

Top 20 Added Classles Routes from 24Nov96 to 01Dec96
          10  AS701 Alternet
           8 AS4565 HLC Internet
           6 AS2548 DIGEX-AS
           4 AS1717 RENATER