Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Fri Nov 29 12:45:37 1996

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Derek Elder wrote:

> Would someone be so kind as to email me a list of the Exchanges that
> matter?  I.E., which ones qualify when calculating your connections for
> peering?
>
> Is it just the 4 NAP's and MAE-East and MAE-West?

Ameritech NAP
Atlanta NAP :-)
MAE-East
MAE-West
PACBell NAP
Sprint NAP

CIX may be worth connecting to as a sales thing, and PAIX is not worth
connecting to yet because there are so many NAPs in that area.

> Also, do any of you have any comments on whether peering standards might
> be relaxed if you are setting up a statewide educational network?

Hmm, possible, but don't count on it. If I were you, I would get connected
to the NAPs ASAP because it will get harder and harder to peer with the
big guys as times moves on.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34