Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Sat Nov 23 22:45:39 1996

> From: [email protected] (Randy Bush)
>
> > Date	Prefixes
> > 171196	40844
> > 171196	40868
> > 181196	40933
> > 191196	42076
> > 201196	40674
> > 211196	40583
> > 221196	40525
>
> Tony, I suspect that you and your weekly report are, in a large part,
> responsible for this.  I thank you.  Our routers thank you.

    Date        Prefixes
    280996      42250
    290996      42040
    300996      42235
    011096      42228
    021096      42249
    031096      42109
    041096      41894

Yeah, me, too!  Comparing with nearly 2 months ago pasted in above, this
is a fantastic trend!  Down 1700 routes (except sometimes).

> Frank, if you're out there, has the curve changed since Tony started
> publishing again?

One of the things that I'm curious about: have any of the "interesting
aggregates" been acted upon?  The list seems to be getting _more_
entries, instead of the fewer I'd expect.  Perhaps I don't understand
the algorithm.

I find it hard to compare and check by eye.  By simple diff, I can see
that ANS and UUNET have been fixing them, since they've mostly
disappeared from the list.  But others seem to pop in and out, and
sometimes spawn many where there was only one line before, particularly
AGIS, MSEN, PREPnet and PSInet, all of whom should know better.

Could that be automatically added to the weekly summary?  "Recent
aggregations", just before Interesting?   A tally of successes that
would be more clear than withdrawn route counts....

But folks _are_ withdrawing routes by the hundreds!

[email protected]
[email protected]