Re: Internic address allocation policy

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sat Nov 23 13:30:59 1996

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, David R. Conrad wrote:

> >By everybody who I've talked to and the intuitions I have personally
> >perceived as well, the method being used is bribes.
>
> Would you care to provide _any_ evidence whatsoever that registry
> personnel accept bribes?  If not, then please refrain from spreading
> such unsubstantiated bullshit.

He may have been talking to people that made joking references to bribes
like "being nice", "sending thank you notes", and similar stuff. I have
come across people who talk about bribing the Internic for favors but they
are referring to the above, not to suitcases of cash. The phrase "bribing
with kindness" comes to mind.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]