Re: IP Allocation

  • From: Lyndon.Levesley
  • Date: Wed Nov 20 09:17:37 1996

Michael Dillon wrote :
->   On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Pete Davis wrote:
->
->   > With all this talk of IP Allocation, does anybody know of a time frame
->   > for Prodigy/AOL/Compuserve to become HTML 1.1 compliant?
->   >
->   > We have been trying to conserve IP space wherever possible, but the inab
->   ility
->   > for 6+ million people to see "software virtuals" based on HTML 1.1 has p
->   revented
->   > us from transitioning from /32's for each site to one single /32 for tho
->   usands.
->
->   Selling a virtual website without allocating a unique IP address is fraud
->   and will continue to be fraud for the next few years.
->

 Surely that's only the case if you misrepresent the service you're selling
when you market/sell it ?

 It would be nice to see some stats about the percentage of 1.1 compliant
browsers that people are using, such as what percentage of web hits to
a reasonable sample of sites are made from "antiquated" browsers ? I imagine
that as soon as that figure fell below 1% then the product wouldn't be
entirely unmarketable.

->
->   Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
->   Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
->   http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]
->

Cheers,

Lyndon

--
If you give up smoking, drinking and sex you may not actually live longer...
...It may just feel that way.