Re: IP Allocation

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Wed Nov 20 05:14:33 1996

> Selling a virtual website without allocating a unique IP address is fraud
> and will continue to be fraud for the next few years.

I suspect it is only fraud if you knowingly provide someone with
a service that is not going to work the way you said in your sales
pitch.

The original poster asked what the situation is with those
large pseudo-ISPs that either provide their own version of browser
software or force people through their own proxies, and if anyone
knew when they would be "upgrading" to support the Host: (or
whatever) thingy in HTTP 1.1.

The question still stands...

Pushing these people (by public ridicule if necessary) to move
forward and help the Internet as a whole is a very valid function
of this list, IMHO.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           [email protected]
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465