Re: Internic address allocation policy (fwd)

  • From: David R. Conrad
  • Date: Wed Nov 20 01:59:03 1996

Hi,

>So, my question is: What can we do to make it better? Not "What can Kim
>Hubbard do to fix it", and not "What can those stupid ISP's do to fix it",
>but what can both do collaboratively to work out a consistent method of
>doing things, and making sure that it's well known to both new existing
>providers of network solutions.

Just FYI: there will be an Internet Address Registry Evolution (yes,
we'll be coming up with a new name) working group meeting at the San
Jose IETF that is chartered to try to come up with ways of evolving
the IP address allocation policies.  It will be on Monday at 7:30 PM.
Note we aren't touching domain name issues and I'd really like to not
have it turn into a "bash your favorite registry" session either.

Regards,
-drc