Re: Internic address allocation policy

  • From: Kim Hubbard
  • Date: Tue Nov 19 10:51:54 1996

Matthew,

The InterNIC bases additional allocation blocks on efficient utilization.
We can only see the utilization from your SWIPs and RWHOIS info.  If
you refuse to supply contact information on your assignments, how can we
tell what your utilization is?

And as for the routing table overload, although the initial allocation
may be relatively small, it is almost always reserved from a larger block.

Bottom line, to receive additional address space all you have to do is
the same thing everyone else does - submit reassignment information.  You
don't have to fly out here, you don't have to be nice to me, just follow
the basic policies.

Regards,

Kim Hubbard
InterNIC Registry