Re: Internic address allocation policy

  • From: Matt Ranney
  • Date: Mon Nov 18 23:13:05 1996

Wayne Bouchard writes...

> Heartily agreed.. Its far far easier to get address space when you've
> got the docs to prove you need it and you've allocated
> intelligently. They require you to justify need, why shouldn't you
> require customers requesting multiple class Cs to justify need?

Do larger providers have to play by the same rules, or do they all
still have so much extra space from the pre-CIDR days that it doesn't
matter?  I ask because I know of at least one BBN customer that less
than a year ago was assigned 3 /24's for their 30 machine network.
--
Matt Ranney - [email protected]

This is how I sign all my messages.