Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Tony Bates
  • Date: Fri Nov 15 17:42:01 1996

 Randy Bush <[email protected]> writes:
  *
  * Far out!  Maybe so!
  *
  * >> 	 -50 AS2914 WNA, premasticated for MCI :-)
  * > ???
  *
  * Sorry.  I have to convert my RADB RPSL one into a placeholder RIPE-181++ fo
  * r
  * the MCI-RR, and that's the descr:.  For the real aut-num: see the RADB.  I
  * would think Tony would be picking up the latter.  Old habits, TB?
  *
The RADB doesn't keep AS information for things not in the IRR. MCI
(and RIPE) takes the Internic AS allocation and massages it into
a basic aut-num (you need -a flag but it is there) so I use this as it
gives me a single point with the most AS to name mappings. I wonder who
thought doing the Internic mappic was useful ?

		--Tony

  * randy