Re: Why doesn't BGP...

  • From: Jon Zeeff
  • Date: Mon Nov 11 17:11:59 1996

> Seriously, the load-sensitive traffic management _can_ be done,

> Can't be done with ciscos, or any existing routers...

Just the other day an engineer was telling me that he was adjusting
metrics to better balance load and account for congestion.  I was
doing the same last week.  As always, it seemed to work quite well.
So it can and is being done.  It wasn't enough of a mental effort that
I believe that computers couldn't do it better.

I agree that "make small changes slowly" is good advice.