Re: spamspamspam (fwd)

  • From: Chris Russo
  • Date: Sat Nov 09 17:31:10 1996

>And yet again the usefulness of whois contacts is eroded.  I don't know
>about the rest of you, but I'm beginning to indirect all my whois
>information through idiot filters -- indirect email addresses, alternate
>phone numbers.  I don't even run anything large.

Sure, if the Spam-Hating software is buggy, then it will generate
unnecessary garbage.  If it works, however, the only fear you'll have is if
your users are spamming.  That should be taken care of by dealing with the
spammer(s), rather than by taking the ostrich approach.

Chris Russo

A-Link Network Services              (408) 720-6161
http://www.alink.net                 This space for rent.