pmmon spam

  • From: Daniel Simms
  • Date: Thu Nov 07 21:14:11 1996

We got spammed today, but I'm not totally convinced of how it happened.
Thus, this a sanity check for me.

So, this is my theory.  It seems like the spamee list was an alias on
one of the Spammer's machines. The the From: field of the spam was that
*same* alias.  Then there was a wave autoresponses directly to that
address.  Then, the n(n-1) autobot free-for-alls ensued, since there
were several dozen infobots on the spamee list.

Is this plausable?  Send comments my way.

- --- begin original message ---