Re: Bit-dumping [Was: Re: Peering Policy]

  • From: Chris A. Icide
  • Date: Wed Oct 30 22:19:32 1996

At 09:39 PM 10/30/96 -0800, Andy lague wrote:

>Do not carry a full routing table on your exchange point router. Only carry
>routes to your customers and to networks with which you peer at that
>particular exchange point.

Sorry, but I'm about 50 mails behind in this thread, so I may repeat
something someone may have suggested, but I'll give it a shot in
case someone hasn't said this.

Might there be a way Cisco (ahem, the router vendor) could add an IP
or MAC based inbound (or outbound) filter on the next hop?  If so, I could
maintain a filter that matches my peers.  This would not prevent my peers
from pointing default at me, but would prevent non-peers from doing so.

Chris