Re: Peering Policy ( was Re: AGIS/DIGEX )

  • From: Todd Graham Lewis
  • Date: Wed Oct 30 11:40:33 1996

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Pritish Shah wrote:

> So here is my question -- why is this kind of arrangement not being used
> anywhere???

Because direction of traffic flow is meaningless as an indicator of
direction of value flow, if you will.

I send 5MB across Sprint's network.  Am I responsible for paying for that
traffic, or is Sprint?  Think carefully before you answer, or better yet,
check what the NANOG archives have to say on the topic.

__
Todd Graham Lewis             Linux!                 Core Engineering
Mindspring Enterprises  [email protected]   (800) 719 4664, x2804