Re: AGIS/DIGEX

  • From: Enke Chen
  • Date: Wed Oct 30 10:10:39 1996

Paul,
I have been thinking about a couple of issues regarding the
CIX Inter-exchange, and your comments would be appreciated:

(1) CIX is an association of ISPs. The CIX Inter-exchange puts
    CIX in direct competition with its members (ISPs) for
    customers.  Is there a contradiction here?

(2) The CIX Inter-exchange has been used by some to bypass
    peering policies. I am wondering if the CIX Inter-exchange
    remains a viable option in the peering policy review.

(3) Today there are quite a few inter-exchanges in the Bay Area
    that are superior (in terms of tech. and richness in connectivity)
    than the CIX Interexchange.  Is it fair to say that the
    CIX Inter-exchange has fulfilled its historical mission and
    is no longer needed?

-- Enke

> Date:    Tue, 29 Oct 1996 19:31:13 -0800
> From:    Paul A Vixie <[email protected]>
> To:      [email protected]

> > > [...]  Since Digex is at too few NAPs to peer with AGIS, and they
> > > are not at the CIX, we see no routes from them.
>
> CIX is taking new connections, either T1, PB-SMDS, or DEC-PAIX (FDDI or Ether
).