Re: GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

  • From: Andrew Partan
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 22:55:44 1996

> We there are strictly controlling our customers via filters and access lists
> because we know exactly ip networks he have, and all channels he can use
> to anounce this networks, and so on - (except some peers).

I think that I agree with your approach.

> There exist RIPE and other data bases - yes. They does have
> route objects.

There are other parts of the config than just customer routes -
like interfaces, IGP/BGP issues, LAN/WAN stuff.

It would be interesting to work on something that tried to cover
more than just a few parts of the config, and that could handle
both cisco & gated configs (I'll take others as a bonus).
	[email protected] (Andrew Partan)