Re: AGIS/DIGEX

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 22:21:30 1996

> On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Robert Bowman wrote:
>
> > This is all very interesting information.  It seems at-home recently did
> > the same thing with us, as they stopped all transit and were not on CIX,
> > basically forcing us to peer with them.  Is this the route to get peering
> > with the big players that will now evolve?  Forced peering due to
> > unreachability?
>
> Ya, we have the same problem, we will be at 7 NAPs by the end of the
> month, and DIGEX does not meet our peering requirements. If I don't peer
> with DIGEX then our customers yell at us when it is a DIGEX problem.
>
> What we could do is all cut peering say the first of the year and then
> DIGEX would need to buy transit or connect to more NAPs.
>
> Nathan Stratton	  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!

I'm quite sure that DIGEX doesn't care a hoot whether they meet netrail's
peering requirements.  Even more so for ANS, MCI, Sprint, BBN, UUNET,
PSI, Netcom, and some others I can think of.

In fact, it doesn't appear that you're peering with them now, and until
a few weeks ago you were only at MAE-East, while they were also at MAE-West
and Pennsauken.

Avi