Re: AGIS/DIGEX

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 21:06:43 1996

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Dorian R. Kim wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Robert Bowman wrote:
>
> > This is all very interesting information.  It seems at-home recently did
> > the same thing with us, as they stopped all transit and were not on CIX,
> > basically forcing us to peer with them.  Is this the route to get peering
> > with the big players that will now evolve?  Forced peering due to
> > unreachability?
>
> *shrug* If the disconnected network is not interesting enough, why would you
> give in? For example, if my home network (blackrose.org) showed up at N
> exchange points, and stopped having a transit link, would you peer with me?

Yes, but the problem is that customer don't understand and you will get
some that will yell.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34