Re: Should NSF declare victory and leave?

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 13:10:25 1996

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Anyway, I'd be very happy if Daniel could help us figure out a way to be
> self-sustaining.  If the CIX wanted to offer a RIPE-style of services,
> I'd be interested in participating!
>
> I think that the CIX bylaws and member agreement would need a few
> changes, but other than that, it seems positioned to take the role.

What about the ISP/C bylaws and member agreement? The ISP/C doesn't have
some of the historical baggage that CIX has and is fairly open to what
its members want to do. If most everybody on this list joined the ISP/C I
suspect that it would happen.

On the other hand there is something to be said for having this function
in an entity separate from any trade association...

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]