Re: Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

  • From: Andy lague
  • Date: Mon Oct 28 19:45:16 1996

At 09:37 PM 10/25/96 +0100, Jim Dixon wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Oct 1996 [email protected] wrote:
>
>> >   We peer with 30 other networks at the LINX in London, including GSL
>> >   (Sprintlink), Pipex (uu.net), and EUnet GB (AKA PSI).  If you watch the
>
>> There is interesting question - does SprintLink use this peering
>> for the traffic _from USA_ to _you_, or for it's UK  customers only?

No. Global-One does not announce peers to SprintLink.

>It appears that GSL announces all of their _European_ routes to us,
>but we don't see any US SprintLink routes.  (Or Asian routes, as I
>recall.)

I no longer work for GSL (now know as Global-One) and do not want to speak
for them but..

Global-One does not announce SprintLink routes to any of their peers, except
for certain transit agreements. Remember that Global-One and SprintLink are
currently 2 separate networks from a routing point of view. This fact has
been stated on this list more than once. SprintLink provides transit to
Global-One for most non-European destinations but Global-One does not
provide transit to SprintLink.

Regards,
Andy