Humor (was Airplane crashing into Atlanta-NAP)

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Mon Oct 28 16:26:56 1996

> From: Avi Freedman <[email protected]>
> Could we stop this, please?

Actually, I enjoyed the recent humor!

> Either Netrail's NAP will be useful or it won't be.
> It'll be useful as a local exchange if local providers go.
> It'll be useful as a place to sell transit of transit providers go.

But as to the rest of the thread, yes, it's pretty well exhausted.
Except, I hope that the locals will join together and make this MIX/NAP
work, or if it is overpriced or otherwise problematic, join together to
make _something_ work....

> It'll be useful as a place to offload huge chunks of Internet traffic
> between larger providers only if they go, which they don't seem to
> be interested in yet.

Jointly buy _transit_ service in a bigger pipe, and specify that you
will only buy it at the NAP  ;-)

> > If anyone is interested in setting up an alternative Atlanta NAP, I have
> > a very spacious first-floor apartment which I am more than happy to
> > volunteer to the effort.  It's even somewhat sunk below ground level, and
> > I think my neighbors wouldn't mind the occassional running of a generator.
> >
> > I've already got 10MB/s, which puts the Northside-Circle-NAP on par with
> > MAE-NY, right?
> > Todd Graham Lewis             Linux!                 Core Engineering
> > Mindspring Enterprises  [email protected]   (800) 719 4664, x2804

[email protected]
[email protected]