Re: Should NSF declare victory and leave?

  • From: Robert Mathews-ICICX
  • Date: Sun Oct 27 17:55:09 1996
  • Country: = United States of America =

 On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> I think this would be a bad thing.  NS needs a watchdog.

    While it is NOT my intention to perpetuate a "all those in favour -
say aye" scenairo within NANOG, I would strongly submit from the
perspective of a business and management consultant, that NSF NOT
consider such an action.

    As Paul suggests, there needs to exist a stabilizing agent.  Not only
that, it is my understanding that NSI is in the midst of rethinking a
public offering position.  Any activities from the NSF corner to conclude
their relationship with NSI at this juncture - could have reverberating
effects within the Internet community.  Variables that can extend to the
community, a general course toward stabilization need to be encouraged.
This to include, carrying the present agreement with NSI to its full term.

All the very best,

Robert Mathews
ICICX.
------