RE: Airplane crashing into Atlanta-NAP

  • From: Chris A. Icide
  • Date: Sun Oct 27 01:00:33 1996

Michael Dillon brilliantly wrote....

> The only joke here is that some people think that the Internet exchange
in
> a city the size and importance of Atlanta can be adequately housed on
the
> 5th story of an office building.
>
> I could understand it if Atlanta had 20 or 30 exchange points, but when
> there is only one exchange the city deserves better than a mickey-mouse
> 5th floor operation.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!  And who would ever imagine that an
exchange point in the basement of a mere parking garage would have
achieved the level of traffic it has!

Now that I've thrown in my share of late night sarcasm,  It would interest
me greatly to understand exactly why you came to the following
conclusions:

1.	The "operation" in Atlanta is Mickey Mouse
2.	The floor # of a bulding affects the quality of the Exchange Point
3.	The type of building affect the quality of the Exchange Point
4.	A city the size of Atlanta needs more than 1 Exchange Point

Truly I would be very interested in your thoughts on these items, as
well may a few other folks on this list.

Chris A. Icide
Nap.Net, L.L.C.