Re: Root-64 Weekly Status Report (fwd)

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Sat Oct 26 17:29:42 1996

> Which universe is this? I didn't realise we needed to take into account
> happenings in parallel universes while operating our networks.

It's two alternate universes, the Wannabe universe, for those attempting to
prove two adages at once, one about idle hands and the other about lack of
clue.  The second is a brain-dead universe called Cross-Posters, populated
with folk who think that others do not actually know how to subscribe to
mailing lists, so cross-post everything they see to every list to which they
have learned to subscribe.

I suspect that these two universes have sufficient overlap that there is a
non-trivial class of wannabes who think they need to cross-post vacuous
garbage so that everybody who does not want to can see it.

I guess it's .procmailrc time again.

randy