Re: a multihomed net

  • From: Ed Kern
  • Date: Wed Oct 23 15:54:21 1996

On October 22, you wrote:
> Today I multihomed a customer using only two disjoint PA spaces.
>
> 	    PA1        PA2
> 	P1---=---Wall---=---P2
> 	        ------ RFC1597
> 	         Server

so is anything in the above picture directly addressable through the
wall?...and paul you mean rfc1918 right? ;)

> I did this whole thing with an almost-stock BSD/OS 2.1 system (other than
> the "socket" command which is off the net from way back.)

server...?...just do the nat with your cissssccoooo...

http://schizo.digex.net

Easy to install, and it works....if people will want to use
it....thats a different matter...

Id like to hear opinions on this at nanog if people have any..

> So don't let's talk any longer about multihoming requiring PI space.

Either way...firewall or just with the router..you are correct.

Ed