Re: Ungodly packet loss rates

  • From: Ehud Gavron
  • Date: Mon Oct 21 23:40:40 1996

>[Quotes mercilessly reordered]

>I'm amazed at the attitude I'm getting from this list. You are,
>collectively, in the business of running a large network. I am a

	Right

>paying user of that network. The network is not delivering appropriate

	No.  You're a minimal-paying user of a minimal provider
	who has connected to our network.

>performance, as measured most importantly by the time I and others
>spend waiting around for characters to echo, Web pages to display, and
>whatnot. This time is long far more often than it's historically
>been, and far more often than a reasonable person might expect.

	Its has no apostrophe when it's not possessive.  At any
	rate, consider this analogy.
		Some of us pay $10K/month for 100% quality
		Some pay $2-$5K/month for mostly near 100% quality
		Some pay $400-$2K/month for a connection to that
		Some pay $10-$30 a month for a connection to a connection
			to that.

	so shut up.

	Ehud

>Although my immediate complaint is prompted by a specific incident,

	Whiner.