Re: Ungodly packet loss rates

  • From: Billy Biggs
  • Date: Mon Oct 21 21:49:12 1996

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> I'm amazed at the attitude I'm getting from this list. You are,
> collectively, in the business of running a large network. I am a
> paying user of that network. The network is not delivering appropriate
> performance, as measured most importantly by the time I and others
> spend waiting around [...]

I have also been experiencing lately a large increase in packet loss to
various spots on the net.  This has prompted me to start tracking down
these problems using both traceroute and ping to determine which link
seems to be causing the problem, and then emailing them a request.

So far, I've had one reply, which in turn led to the discovery of a
circular routing problem, solving my packet loss through that link.

Looking for opinions here: Do I have the right, as a citizen of the
internet, to phone up the NOC of another major provider to solve packet
loss through their routers?

--
Billy Biggs
Ottawa, Canada