Re: Cisco Memory.

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Mon Oct 21 21:35:50 1996

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Patrick Lynch wrote:

> Nathan,
>
>    I have to follow up on this comment you made.  I work for an ISP in
> Indianapolis called IHETS.  We have 7 cisco 7500 series routers on our
> backbone.  Wre just spent a chunck of money to upgrade the RAM on them to
> 64Meg.  If yoiu are saying that regular SIMMS work in Cicso routers, then I'll
> shoot myself in the foot.  I'd like to know if you have used this method and

Ok, get some bullets.

> how well it works out in the field.  Does latency increase with *unqualified*
> Cisco memory, or is the *unqualified* *qualified* Cisco ram stuff just a big
> ruse?  Thanks for your input.

Na, ram is ram. It is just like FDDI cables. I spent $250 on FDDI cables,
and then found out that I can get the exact same cable for $50 each.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34