Cisco Memory.

  • From: Patrick Lynch
  • Date: Mon Oct 21 13:20:10 1996

Nathan,

   I have to follow up on this comment you made.  I work for an ISP in
Indianapolis called IHETS.  We have 7 cisco 7500 series routers on our
backbone.  Wre just spent a chunck of money to upgrade the RAM on them to
64Meg.  If yoiu are saying that regular SIMMS work in Cicso routers, then I'll
shoot myself in the foot.  I'd like to know if you have used this method and
how well it works out in the field.  Does latency increase with *unqualified*
Cisco memory, or is the *unqualified* *qualified* Cisco ram stuff just a big
ruse?  Thanks for your input.