Re: GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sat Oct 19 00:02:23 1996

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> Sorry. Does all this discussion mean that new big Ascend's
> routers are/was?/will be?/ based on gated's experience?
>
> As for me, it's important.

We are planing on building our network out of Netstars and Cascade 9000s,
so it it is important for us to know if this box is stable. Yes it does
run gated, and I think the work netstar has put into it has made it very
stable, and in many ways better then IOS. We have tested the netstar box
and are very happy with it, but I am not sure it is ready to replace the
cisco. One thing we will do is have the netstar peer with two router
servers in each POP, the route servers will then peer with all the other
RS in the other POPs. This should take a lot of the BGP load off the
netstar because that is our biggest worry.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34