Re: GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Fri Oct 18 21:35:57 1996

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Scott Mace wrote:

> Gated IMO is a good thing.  The problem is the OS/hardware that it
> runs on top of.  I would dred having to install something that needs
> a hard drive to route packets in a light-out POP.

Gated doesn't require a hard drive. It merely requires a direct access
storage device. With a little bit of creativity this requirement could be
met with a RAM drive or a PCMCIA RAM card or similar.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]